Saturday, August 1, 2009

THE STARTOVER – S/T

My liking for the pop-punk genre has definitely dissipated as I have grown older. The days of being packed in a crowd like a sardine for a 30-minute set of MXPX or The Ataris at Warped Tour feels like light years ago. Although I’m not actively singing along to songs about heartbreak and teen angst in my late 20s, I know that many are at a point in their lives when three-part harmonies and catchy guitar hooks can work wonders. That’s why The Startover has my utmost respect with the release of their three-track self-titled EP. Hailing from the UK, These lads are laying down a vibe that should please those who fancy the pop-punk sound. Besides the harmonious vocals, the bands instrumental talent is fairly strong with several guitar and drum breakdowns throughout the effort. If you are a fan of the genre or just looking for a new sound to bring back those nostalgic teenage feelings, The Startover bring the goods.

(Engineer Records, 210 William Street, Boonton, NJ 07005)

No comments:

Post a Comment