Wednesday, June 14, 2006

STUTTER - S/T

Their press release describes their sound "like Blondie dry-humping Gwen Stefani in the back of Billy Idol's car." Trust me when I say that I wish I could say the only bad thing about Stutter is their PR manager, but that is truly not the case. In an attempt to relive the new-wave glory days of The Go-Go's and Devo, these Canadian trendoids present us nine tracks of watered-down super pop that makes me cringe at the thought of the pain my ears went through while listening to this album. There's a huge difference between being influenced by the new-wave sound and trying to replicate it. For those looking for a truly original new-wave experience, check out Japan's Polysics. It sure beats this crap.

(Review originally appeared in the June 2006 issue of Skratch Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment