Thursday, October 13, 2005

TSAR - BAND GIRLS MONEY

Attitude oozes out of the latest effort from Los Angeles's own TSAR. This 10-song disc is loaded with catchy, clichéd rock riffs and vocals that at times sound just too sweet for my liking. They seem to be going for a post-glam rock, Sunset Strip hair-band feeling that left me half satisfied (if that). I was not impressed with the lyrical content, which seemed to be thrown together. It's quite easy to name a song and repeat its title over and over again (as in "Straight"). I was impressed with the guitars throughout this album, as they hammer out some hot licks; but the use of echo effects on the vocals become quite humorous and annoying. Although I can say that there is potential here, the clichéd sound left me bored and searching for something else to satisfy my musical cravings.

(Review originally appeared in the October 2005 issue of Skratch Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment